Monday 24 July 2017

End of School Report

I have finally got her end of year reports, and I have to say I'm a pretty happy mummy right now. And it is exactly what I expected. Well most of it was, I was little surprised with one of them, but I will get more into that as I go down the list. 

First up is about what she is generally like as a child in school. And as they say every year she is a pleasure to teach, and that she has a very good attitude towards her learning and her confidence in her ability is growing steadily. In particular in maths. But in her enthusiasm to do well she can sometimes rush things, so just needs to slow down and take a more careful approach to her work to make sure it's really is her best. She is mature with the ability to emphasise and has a sensible attitude, which makes her an excellent role model. She has some solid friendships but it would be good for her to expand her circle of friends.

It was lovely reading that but one bit I don't really like is the whole mature thing, she's only 8 and I think she shouldn't take things so seriously. And when I was reading this out her she said she has to sit with all the boys because that makes her the sensible one at the table.

Her attendance is absolutely brilliant and all her absences are due to her breaking her wrist or having a music exam, so can't complain about that one either. 

She pretty much got expected level in everything and A for effort in everything, except reading. I know my little lady doesn't really enjoy reading she finds it pretty boring, and her mind gets sidetracked in how she thinks the story should go, not what the author wrote. So in Reading she got emerging and effort B, I find it a little funny really.

Now onto maths and this is the one I was a little bit surprised about, to me Little Miss P is brilliant at maths, she is fantastic and fast at adding and taking away, knows all her times tables up to 12,  her maths target is "I can multiply a two digit or three digit number by a one digit number using written methods". I think I know what that means but to tell you the truth I'm not 100% sure. Is that going to be something along the lines of 33×4, well that's what I'm guessing anyway.

All the other subjects are expected and A for effort. One bit in the PE section did make me laugh though, a bit about putting what she's learnt in PE into good practice during sports day. The thing you have to remember is that she broke her wrist on sports day so if she learns how to balance a bit better we would have been alright, lol.

During the summer I would like to work with her on some school stuff so she doesn't go back to school and start from scratch, and I normally use the report to help me work out what I need to work with her on. I'll work on her reading and maths and her English and spelling more than anything else, but that wasn't mentioned at all in the report.

As I have said before I am happy with her report and a proud mummy.

Love 
Mrs P 

No comments:

Post a Comment