Sunday 3 February 2013

Brass Band weekend

Brass Band weekend

Yes I know - a brass band weekend. It's a weekend in Butlins Skegness and the first time Butlins is open in the new year. I am guessing it's like a training ground for the new lot of staff, but it's kind of a harsh one I think, as it's full of brass banders who like to drink a lot & they never seem to have enough staff in the bar... poor people.

We made a weekend of it and without Little Miss P we could have a few drinks.
So after we dropped off Little Miss P at Nanny's house and made our way on the 3 hour car journey in the snow.
We had Mr Vinall in the car with us as he helped the band out on cornet. He's a really nice guy as well so didn't mind him being in the car with us.

When we got there we were the first one's for our room so got all the keys, and then straight off to a rehearsal. I sat in and watched as I don't get to see them much, and I like to support my man (some of the time). We shared the chalet with four other people. Another couple that met in the band and two others in the band. I am glad that I wasn't the only girl.

My cool wristband

We had to wear these cool wristbands all the time we were there to get in and out of places. I think it went with most of my outfits... not! The first night we were there we stayed in the room as we didn't know where the band would be drawn as that happens the next morning. The band wanted an mid-late draw, and drum roll please... the band got drawn 23rd out of 26 so they were happy with that. The only problem was we had to wait around all day. So we tried to make the most of it and went for a walk along the beach. But it was so cold my face felt like it was about to fall off.


The start of the drinks

The band got on stage at about 5pm then after we all went straight to the pub for a round of drinks. We was only there for half an hour and had to go and watch the results. By this time i have to say we were both a little bit merry as we hadn't eaten all day. It didn't help that I downed two glasses of wine in this time. We waited until it was the 1st Section results. They came in 3rd place and won £700, so well done Becontree Brass Band! After that the night kind of went into one big blur.

Mr P and two other members of the band

The next moring we went for a fry up in the pub and watched Redbridge play. We went back to the room, packed our bags and started our way home as I really wanted to give Little Princess a big hug too. As well, it was snowing, so it was best to get on the road home and try not to get stuck.

Some more drinks

Lucky for us we didn't x

Love 
Mrs P

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend! Found you on the Weekend Blog Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time thanks for poping over x

      Delete
  2. What do you play? My husband is in a band and he loves playing but sometimes going to all the gigs is a real bind. At least there were plenty of opportunities for liquid refreshment! Popping over from 'Blow Your Own Blog Horn' x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not me that plays it the husband he plays the cornet, thanks for poping over x

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you all had a really good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks we had Great time thanks, & thanks for poping over x

      Delete