Saturday 11 January 2014

Cupcake Fun with Five Year Olds



Little Miss P had her Friend over for a few hours the other day, as I said to them one day soon she could come over, and I thought why not today.

Was I a nutter having two five year old girlies making cakes from scratch, or brave for doing it?
I always use recipes from a book called 'Bake Me, I'm Your Cupcake'.

There are some nice cupcakes I can make and which are really easy. I thought that if i can do it, five year olds should be able to do it.


This is all you need for the cupcakes: eggs, flour, sugar and butter. I will put the ingredients below if you want to give it a try!

As you may have guessed it got very messy with sugar going all over the floor and flour in the kids' hair and me having to dig out some eggshell from the mix. It was a lot of fun though and Little Miss P and her friend loved doing it. Next time we will be making some cookies together. I might do them on my own first just to make sure I can make them.


In the end the cupcakes did taste nice. Half of them went to her friend's house and the other half stayed at ours so we had them that night while watching a movie.


Ingredients 
225g slightly salted butter
225g caster sugar
4 eggs
225g self-raising flour
5ml vanilla extract

All you do is pre-heat the oven to 175'C then mix all of the ingredients together (I added the eggs one by one). Spoon the mixture into the cake cases and place in the center of the oven for about 15 minutes.

Take them out and leave them to cool, then have fun decorating them and let your tummy enjoy!

Love
Mrs P

No comments:

Post a Comment