Thursday 31 July 2014

Cat in the Hat - Book Review


I normally do a book review on the books I read, but I've read so many books to Little Miss P and she reads her books to me, so I thought I would do a review on one of the books that she has read recently.

Little Miss P's reading age is what it should be for her age, so 6 years old, so I try and get books aimed for her age and younger because it's still nice and helps them with confidence when they can read all the words in the book.


So today my review is on the children's book 'If I Ran the Dog Show' (all about dogs) from the series 'The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That'.

This book was good for her, even though there were some hard words for her to sound out, like 'Assistance' and 'Presentation', but other than the odd word she didn't know, she did very well with it and most importantly she enjoyed it. There was a reason I picked this one up for her and that's because our neighbours down the road just got a new puppy, so it was perfect for her to read.


The pictures are colourful and very bright, with great details of the dogs. I also enjoyed Little Miss P reading this to me and asking me more questions about dogs after it... however I don't really know about dogs so I had to look up the answers!

So if you have a child that likes dogs, this is a good book to get.

Love
Mrs P

No comments:

Post a Comment