Tuesday 24 March 2015

Dance Competition


Hi Everyone 


Over the last four weekends I have been at a competition with Little Miss P. It's been fun but a little bit stressful as she has had a few group dances, two solos, one duet and one trio.

I think the most stressful thing is the getting ready, hoping that they do OK and remember their dance and if they don't just hope they don't start to cry. At one point that happened to us when Little Miss P went on for her song and dance. She started off so well, then someone had to walk out because their baby started to cry and for that split second she lost where she was at. But instead of crying she just kept going and that's all I could have hoped for. I gave her a big after and she was happy as she still got 4th place.


She had three group dances; ballet, song and tap... they got 2nd for tap and 1st for ballet but can't remember what they got for the song. She also did a ballet duet with her friend called Keili, they got 3rd I think. And she did a trio with her friends Sidney and Poppie and they came 1st.

With the trio we didn't really think it was going to be great as they were all over the place just before they went on, but on stage they were different children. They did so well, they knew all the moves, they worked well together, they were in time... OK, not in time all the time but the best that I have seen and they came 1st in the trio. I am so glad for them.


It's now all over and I am so glad. I will miss it in a way but am glad to have a few months off doing it. This weekend Little Miss P and I are going to watch a movie and have a little picnic at home, and stay in our PJs most of the weekend.

Love
Mrs P

4 comments:

  1. Don't they look adorable in their dance costumes. They did so well, you must be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! They look so cute! I think watching movies in your PJs with a picnic sounds like the best way to celebrate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they did looks so cute cant wait for the weekend now x

      Delete