Monday 30 May 2016

Bringing up a Girl


At the moment bringing up Little Miss P is a pleasure. She does have her moments of attitude, being rude and just not listening, but she is 7 years old and testing the water on how far she can go. She's been doing this for a while now and all I have to do is look at her in a way that she knows means she has overstepped the mark.

I like her testing the boundaries and I find it very sweet in some sort of weird way; it shows that she's growing up.  There is one thing that I don't like at the moment and that is that she doesn't show if she's enjoying something; she looks bored but you ask her if she enjoyed it afterwards and she will tell you all about what went on. So I know she has enjoyed whatever it is, but it's hard for me to see that. She's just like her dad in that way. I am the only one in family that shows if I am enjoying something or not and it bugs me.

At school she only has a small group of friends, well only two main friends that she plays with, her best friend and another girl that she says is a little bit mean and wants to be the boss all the time. I have said to Little Miss P that she needs to just ignore her. She has been saying that she would like more friends so I said she has to go and talk to other people and make friends. My Little Miss P is not brave when it comes to talking to other kids. but when it comes to talking to other adults she does a great job, maybe it's because she's an only child. I think I need to sort out more play dates for her and try to get her confidence up a bit.

I will let you know how it goes.

Love
Mrs P

A small Vlog about out time in the woods 

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post. I don't have any kids myself, but my friend has 2 girls, fortunately their not bratty at the moment x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure your daughter's confidence will grow as she gets a little older - it's always hard to talk to new people. Developing a group of friends you can rely on is important but I am sure it will happen for her.

    ReplyDelete