Monday 29 January 2018

Book Review - Nice work (If You Can Get It)

This is a lovely book from Celia Imrie, I am not sure if I have read any of her books before. And I have to say I am enjoying it. It is just a little bit slow going for me, I like to get straight into a story, finding out all the ins and outs of it. And this does get more interesting towards the end of the book. It does have a good story and is based on a group of friends. The group of friends have different storylines based near Monte Carlo and Cannes, in a little place called Bellevue-sue-mer, The group of friends decide to open a restaurant, but it's not all as it seems as someone clearly doesn't want them to open the restaurant.
The friends are called Sally, Theresa, Zoe, William and Benjamin.

Meanwhile in Cannes it's the Cannes film festival where lots of the rich and famous go to party and where Sally meets a very wealthy person. She thinks it's all going great when he asked her to marry him, but he's not as he seems and they get arrested.

I don't really want to say much more due to the fact that I will probably be giving away the whole storyline, but I did enjoy this book once it got going. I need to pick up more of Celia Imrie's books.

Love
Mrs P

No comments:

Post a Comment