Tuesday 19 October 2021

Thyroid issues - blood test / scan


 I don’t even knew where to start with this Other then the beginning but I am not sure where the beginning really is.  

    I think the beginning start with covid so the start is 11th November 2020.  When I got Covid from the place where I work so in other words I picked it up from one of the kids.  With covid I got the headaches that felt like I was hit with a brick and felt like a I had the flu but that was it. 

I went back to work three weeks after as I had to do the isolating from when Mr P tested positive. And that was fine as it gave me a little bit more time to recover. But when I went back to work I still got the headaches, and just generally felling tired more of the time.  And still feel like that today it hasn’t really stopped. 

 Now let’s skip to August 2021 when it was Little Miss P had her 13th birthday party. She has her friends over and the next day was the family one, when my sister mention the lump on my neck. I have seen it before she mentioned it, but as it wasn’t bothering me I just left it as I thought my neck might be just a bit inflamed due to me not feeling alright still, and maybe having long covid symptoms.  And now my sister , mum and Nanna knew about I had to get a doctor appointment, as I wouldn’t hear the end of it until I got one. 

I got an appointment at the doctor on the I think on the 9 th August I didn’t have that one actually written down, all she said was we book you in for a blood test and scan,  

 Blood test ( 16th August) 

 So I had to go and book my blood test at the front desk at the doctors, The only time they had available was  Wednesday, the 1st of September so that would make it a three week wait, for a blood test. Not going to lie I was a little bit annoyed. But that’s all they had so I had to take it. When I was on the phone to one of my friends and she said book it thought this link which she sent me. And they do the blood test upstairs room of our doctor, and I got an appointment on the 16th August which was only a week later. It would’ve been nice for doctor to tell me about this other service. 

My blood test results all came back fine other than that I am low looks Folick acid. Which they said to me could because why my thyroids are with playing up. So got given Folick acid tablets. 

 The scan ( 20th September) 

So the scan finally came through about 6 1/2 weeks later for the 20th September at my local hospital, they were absolutely amazing .I got there half an hour early and got seen straight away, didn’t even have time to take my coat off. Both the people in the room were really nice and he did say to me that I had a large nodule on my left side. But that’s all he said as he said my results will be sent to my doctors.  Have to admit I did feel really weird having ultrasound on my neck. 

 Scan results

I rang up the scan results on Thursday after my appointment got told they were in but haven’t been checked by the doctor yet and ring back the next day for an appointment. So I did exactly that and they still hadn’t been checked by the doctor. In the end I got told to just book an appointment on Monday morning so they have to look at it.  Had a phone call with the doctor saying that I have one large nodule and four small nodules, and I have now been transferred to the ENT department at the hospital for an urgent appointment within two weeks, when people say things like that it’s never good news. So my appointment for the hospital is on the 5th of October. So now it’s just a waiting game to see what’s actually going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment