Tuesday 2 November 2021

Thyroid issues- ultrasound biopsy/ biopsy results


 Thyroid ultrasound guided biopsy ( Wednesday 13th October

I was very anxious the night before having my biopsy done as having a needle stuck in your neck is the things you see in horror films,  my mum took me to this she wait in the car as she was not aloud in, I turned up and had to go and sit in a chair and wait outside room number five,  someone came out just as I sat down. And the doctor asked if they could have my seat as they feeling very dizzy. She has a drink of water in her hands down her hand was shaking.  So I wasn’t looking forward to it even more now. 

Actually it was okay it didn’t hurt at all, went in and laid down on the bed. First they did a normal ultrasound, to see where they will be doing the biopsy then the needle went in, I could feel it going in. And it only took a few seconds to get the sample. After I had to wait outside the room for 5mins then I was free to go.  After a bit I did feel a little light headed but other then that I was ok, 

Consultant Biopsy results ( Thursday 28th October) 

This was another this that I  was anxious for ( most thing now I am a little bit anxious for)  so basically my biopsy came back as inconclusive. And they told me that they have to remove my left thyroid then do a biopsy on it after the op, as it still could be cancerous (1 in 4 people ) and if it is I will have remove my right thyroid removed They talked about other thing but I can’t remember everything they said. They already had my op booked it, and that’s the 15th November and have to be there at 7am, as I am guessing I am one of the first ones in for my op , been told it could take from anywhere from 2hours to 3hours , and they might take all my thyroid, if they have to.

Obviously there are risks involved with all operations, and some of them for this is voice box damage and cutting my Nerves and very close to some very important veins.  I’ll so have to be in Hosptial for 1/3 nights depending on how I heal.  Hoping only 1 night but will just have to wait and see.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment