Monday 3 November 2014

School Trip


Hello everyone.


Little Miss P is on a school trip today to London to see the changing of the guards and all things to do with the Great Fire of London.

I did put my name down for me to join her on it but I didn't get picked. I am not surprised by it as it's always the same mums and dads that get to go, boohoo. I have written down who has gone on this trip, so if they all go next time I will be saying something as it's not fair on all the other mums and dads that want to go.

I at first said I didn't want Little Miss P to go as it's London and everything in the world that's going on at the moment. And do I really trust the teachers and the other mums and dads? I don't really know them and on the letter we got from the school it said what they would do in the morning and for the afternoon it just said going around London. Well thanks school for that filling update.

I said to the school once they know what they're doing for the afternoon I will then think about if I let her go. They said they will let me me know and guess what, they didn't. I had to go to them the day before the trip... I went in the morning to the office and got the person to ring me. She didn't so I had to go back after school and talk to someone again and that time I got a really nice person. She told me what's going on as she helped book it. If they had told me that first of all it would have been fine and so much easier.

The school needs to get itself into gear, I am not sure if I am going to write a letter to the school yet about it, but it really was bad communication and it shouldn't be that hard, should it?

That's my little rant over, sorry about that, I just needed to get it off my chest and see if anyone else has come across this.

Love
Mrs P

2 comments:

  1. My eldest starts school in September - I have all of this yet to come! I agree there should absolutely have been better communication on their part. You shouldn't have to chase them like that! Despite all the messing, really hope your daughter had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had a good time in the end. I think that most schools have better communication then my daughter school, it was a little crazy x

      Delete