Friday 24 April 2015

Helping Summer with KS1

Little Miss P has her #KS1 Test coming up in May. So I have been working with her on some of the things that she said she would like to work on.


Mainly she said she wants to work on her maths and the teachers at parents evening said I should help her work on her spelling as she was falling a little bit behind on it. So I bought a few books from WHSmiths and Waterstones to help her and to help me work out what she needs to work on. I have also printed some things off Pintrest and have just been looking online finding things that I think can help me and her.

It's been a few weeks since I last wrote the top bit and we have been going full steam ahead with the maths. She knows her three times table really well now and we are working on the fours. She's really got the hang of division too, So she's doing really well and over the Easter Holiday we be going onto English and working a bit more on that with her.

I think as long as you help them out a bit each week I they will be OK. I always say to Little Miss P as long as you try your best that's all I ask for, even if she gets all of them wrong, I don't mind.

Love
Mrs P

Here is a little weekly vlog if you fancy taking a look

2 comments:

  1. There are some really great computer games out there to help younger children to learn their times tables and work on their math skills. Our own 8 year old loves them, and even our 6 year old is learning! It's not easy, but they do get there eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so useful - my daughter is 8 in November so we' are at exactly the same stage. I'm off to Smiths. Bit late for the practice papers as her test is next week.

    ReplyDelete