Sunday 1 November 2015

Christmas at Rosie Hopkins Sweet Shop

Christmas at Rosie Hopkins Sweet Shop
By Jenny Colgan


Rosie Hopkins is waiting excitedly for Christmas in the Derbyshire village of Lipton. Her sweet shop in festooned with striped candy cane, piles of Turkish Delight and happy, sticky children. She's going to be spending it with her whole family and boyfriend Stephen.

But when tragedy strikes at the heart of their community, Rosie's plans for the future collapse. Can she build a life in Lipton? And is what's best for the sweet shop also what's best for Rosie?

My View

I love, love, love, this book, it's got that cozy feeling about it and it's great to read to get you in a little bit of a Christmas mood. It really was a fantastically enjoyable book. I never knew this book was a 2nd one, but it can be read independently as I did. I didn't find out it was 2nd one until I looked on Amazon. It has plenty of things going on and contains some very odd, interesting characters. It flows well and is easy to read and keep on reading.

A series of events threaten the livelihood of the village as well as her relationship with Stephen - will they all live happily ever after? Of course they all live happily ever after... It's that type of book where you know before you even read the book that it'll be a happily ever after.


As I've already said I love this book and would say go and buy it and read it.

Love
Mrs P

No comments:

Post a Comment