Wednesday 4 November 2015

It's been a busy one


It's the 1st of November and it feels like ages since I have sat down with my Laptop to write a blog post.

And you know what, it actually feels really good because I've missed it. I've missed just sitting down and putting my thoughts on paper (well, Laptop). So I thought that this blog post will just be what I've been up to over the last two weeks, oh my I can't believe it's been two weeks. It has been fun and have had some new experiences involved.

I will start with half term week. The other half had a week off work so on Friday straight after school we went down to Devon to see my sister-in-law and her family... I love the part of Devon they live in. The views are to die for and you can even look up at the night sky and see stars.Where we live we don't see stars because there's too much light pollution. That's one of the downsides of living in the city.

We left it too late to book accommodation so we stayed two days with the other half's parents in their caravan they have near his sister, and two nights on the floor in the front room with his sister so that Little Miss P can have as much fun with her cousins as she can. She certainly did that with Miss R and Miss A. So much fun that she was absolutely knackered on the way home but that's what I wanted for our five hour journey home, with the little stop off at Little Chef for a bit of dinner.

Whilst we were there we went to a little model village because it was Halloween themed. It's not my sort of thing I have to say, but it was okay. My favourite bit was the burning man on the street. I am guessing it was because it's coming up to fireworks night. It's basically a miniature one and it was really sweet (if you can really call a burning wicker man sweet). The main thing for me when I go down there is just to relax and take in the scenery and of course get my cream tea at Dartmeet.

On the last day we had some time on our own just as a family. Mr P really wanted to go to Becky Falls, which if you don't know is a pretty waterfall in the moors. You have to go in and pay to see it but there are also animals to see and  some food as well. There are three walks you can do at different levels of difficulty and we did all three of them. I am very impressed with how Little Miss P did and she had to climb over the boulders and up a very steep hill. In fact Little Miss P did better than me... at the end of the steep hill I was so out of breath it was ridiculous, and halfway up I think I might of said I'm going to kill you to the other half for making me do this walk. But by the time I got up there and got my breath back I was kind of thankful for him picking it as I am so out of shape now it's just not healthy. And I should really be doing more walks like that.

We got back home on Tuesday evening. Wednesday it was just a day of rest, washing on, just doing bits around the house. Thursday we had a lovely wedding to go to, Helen and Nasser's, and it was a lovely wedding, very small with only about 30 people in a lovely hotel in Southend. Helen looked absolutely gorgeous in her dress and of course Nasser looked very dapper in his suit. Little Miss P was the other star of the show being the only kid there other than the baby. She did her song and dance at the top table and was actually being a little social butterfly, one minute she was next to me the next she is off talking to someone else, it was very sweet and I haven't actually seen her like that before. I think dancing and drama is bringing out her confidence.

The rest of the week was just getting the house back to normal but it felt like it had been a while. It actually wasn't, I'm not entirely sure where the rest of the week went but on the Friday I definitely know that Little Miss P and I caught up on some reading and just having some mummy and Little Miss P time. It was lovely, we didn't do much but it was lovely and just what I needed and what she needed. On Saturday it was Halloween, I will do a different blog for that, and on Sunday my mum took Little Miss P to Colchester Zoo which of course she loved.

So that is what happened in the half term. It felt so good writing this as I have had a bit of a blogging downer but I now feel like I'm back on top of it.

Love
Mrs P

Here is a little video of A Small Haul 

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun and busy month so far. Pleased to hear you are back blogging. Look forward to reading more. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely time during half term. It is good to take a break because it reminds you how much you miss blogging! x

    ReplyDelete