Monday 9 November 2015

I have a job

Well I have a new job. I've been doing it for the past week and it's official title is Midday Meals Play Leader... in other words I am a dinner lady!

I haven't been doing much in my first week, I've mostly been helping out in the dinner hall making sure the little reception kids are okay and taking their plates to the table without dropping it all over the floor. I get to eat some of the cook's leftover dinner because most of the just want to quickly go and play, I don't blame them though. I'm trying to encourage the kids to eat their main lunch first and not go straight to desert. I'm guessing we all did this when we were younger... if you had your lunch in front of you, you would always be tempted to go for the desert first. 

And I have also been out in the infant playground. They are actually really sweet kids. I even taught one of them how to skip, I have to say I'm pretty proud of that.

I am enjoying it so far but as I said it's only been a week so let's see what the up-and-coming week brings me. I'm only on a six month contract so I don't know what will happen after that. I don't need the money, that's not why I'm doing it, I'm doing it to actually get me back out there because I have to say that being at home all the time is kind of lonely.

I will keep you updated on how it's going.

Love
Mrs P

My new job video, hope you like it.

1 comment: