Friday 13 February 2015

How I Meal Plan


I have only just started Meal Planning so I am not the best at it at the moment but I'm finding ways to help me keep the budget down, and to get things that all my family like.

I normally do my meal plan for the week on a Friday whilst Little One is at school. I start off by putting the kettle on and making myself a cup of tea with a few little biscuits on the side.
I go and look in the fridge and check what we have in there and what we need to use up soon, then go to the freezer and see what we have, and the same with the cupboard.

After that I look on a few websites and see if I can find any coupons that we could use. This week I haven't really found any but I have just had my Tesco ones in the post so I will be using some of them.

Now I sit down and write my list. I start off thinking of the things I need to use up and what we have in the cupboard. Then I will ask Little Miss P and Mr P what they would like one night in the week; I have picked Fresh Pasta. After all that I write the meal plan, write my shopping list and when I am shopping I stick to it. We are all allowed one little treat on the shop as well. Mr P normally buys a bottle of wine and Little Miss P's is usually a chocolate bar.

I hope that helps for now.

Love
Mrs P

My meal plan this week.

12 comments:

  1. I need to start meal planning. Everything ends up being last minute and unhealthy. I feel like if I sat down and planned it a bit more then I'd eat a lot better!

    Nora | http://noranoraa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It dose work and it save a lot of money to x

      Delete
  2. Meal planning is very important and helps people to stick to their budgets better, since I live alone my meal planning are simple and usually do them on sunday or monday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we try and mix it up but we love a pasta bake so normal have that every week one day x

      Delete
  3. Meal planning is such a great thing to do and really helps save the £££. We have a local market that sell meat at wholesale prices and quantities and you don't need to be a member, so I bulk buy my mince meat and chicken breast there.

    With my husband retraining and working weekends there is more for me to do in the house so I batch cook meals and freeze them for easy dinners later on - means there is always something to eat, that is healthy and saves so much money. I make things like Lasanga, shepherds pie, chili, chicken curry and homemade chicken nuggets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to finally move into our new place with my husband so I can start all this meal planning! Sometimes I just throw things here and there in together for a lovely soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had homemade soup the other and It was really nice, will be doing it more now x

      Delete
  5. I always meal plan, the hard part is sticking to it and ensuring someone hasnt got sticky fingers and eaten a main ingredient for one of my meals. But good luck and enjoy. I hope you have lots of delicious meals this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really should start meal planing. I have 2 children and big child AKA the husband and it can be hard to choose meals on a daily basis. This would give me a chance to buy only what we need and save money too as well as eating better x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It dose work for our family and it is helping us, and we throw less food away now, x

      Delete
  7. I really need to do this. I HATE throwing food out because I haven't thought the weekly meals through. As well as the money-saving aspect, it would be so much easier than getting to 5pm each night, then panicking about what to cook that night! Thanks for joining in with Blow Your Own Blog-Horn xx

    ReplyDelete