Monday 7 March 2016

Helping with School Work



I will always try and help Little Miss P with her homework but I not going to lie, sometimes it really annoys me that she brings it home, shows me it and says 'we haven't learnt this in school yet'. I am not sure how true that is, but why would they give her homework if she hasn't learnt it yet?

I sometimes think to myself that she might have fallen asleep in her class and missed that bit of the lesson or something, as her mind is blank when I talk to her about it. It mainly happens with her maths homework, not so much the English homework.

I really like the way they do the English homework, it's a guide of 12 tasks that they have to do throughout the school term. The first row is an easy one for when you have busy weekends, the next row is a a bit harder and the last row is the very hard ones that will take a bit of time. The grid is stuck into her book so I have taken a photo of it on my phone, so I will always have it on me to start the next one a little bit early, as they have to hand in their books on Wednesdays. The don't get it back until Friday so it's really hard to start it early especially when we have a really busy weekend (like going to Center Parcs).

I always write the date next to the ones we have already done, one reason is for me not to do the same one twice, and the other reason is for the teacher to see when we have done it. I enjoy helping her with her English ones as they seem to be interesting at the moment, all about China and the author Dawn CaseyI don't know the author but Little Miss P seems to like her.

I will keep you up-to-date with her homework and how she is doing.

Love

Mrs P

Here is a little video of mine  hope you enjoy 

No comments:

Post a Comment