Saturday 7 January 2012

Meet Me at the Cupcake Café


Meet Me at the Cupcake Café
by Jenny Colgan

About the book
Come and meet Issy Randall - proud owmer of the Cupcake Café.

Issy Randall can bake... no, more than that - Issy can create stunning, mouth-wateringly divine cakes.
After a childhood spent in her beloved Grandpa's bakery she inherited his talent.
When she's made redundant from her safe but dull city job Issy decides to seize the moment. Surrounded by recipes from Grandpa, and with her best friends and local bank manager fighting her corner, the Cupcake Café opens its doors. But Issy has absolutely no idea what she's let herself in for.
It will take all her courage - and confectionery - to avert disaster.

My View

I loved this book... it makes you want to go and seize the moment yourself and take a risk to see what happens. If you're lucky like Issy it will all work out in the end. This book allows us to escape off into your own world. Each character has their own distinct personality with their own problems and quirks.
I'll be looking to try more of Colgan's books in the future.

 I recommend reading it!
5/5  

2 comments:

  1. Hi I am now following you through the weekend Blog hop. I was just cking out your LIST and I LOVE it. How Fun. I hope you'll stop by my Blogs and ck them out. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great book! I have to see if I can find this at the library! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete