Wednesday 23 October 2013

Matey bubble fun adventurers review

I got a lovely email a few weeks ago asking if I would review this little Matey bubble fun bath book. So I thought why not - I love reading to Little Miss P all the time, and she always has a bath just before bed. So I thought this might help her calm down more.


Matey Bubble Fun is
 Written By Emma Greaves with illustrations by Bob Wagner

My Review 

When I first saw it I thought that it might be a bit young for Little Miss P as she's 5 and it's more aimed at my nephew Master Hill who is 3. But i have to say Little Miss P loved it. She read most of it herself  in the bath while i was sitting next to the bath helping her out with some of the words. I love the fact that if you drop it in the bath it dosen't matter... just leave it out to dry and it's fine.

The illustrations are colourful and I love one at the back of book, with the two crabs taking out the bath plug.

It's a very simple book in a good way, as you don't want them over thinking things before bed. I would recommend this little book to you for your little ones. I would say from about 6mths to when they find the book too easy to read themselves, so about 6 years.

I will be telling my sisters about this for their little ones and I will let you know if they like it too.


Little Miss P's Review 

"Mummy, this book can get wet and the Molly Matey can swim underwater. Can I have a Molly Matey mermaid toy for Christmas please?"


I also got some info about new research about bathtime (a very interesting read), saying that over half of parents (60 per cent) believe bathtime to be the best parent-child bonding experience. Also the research has the top ten parents-children bonding experiences, so here's the top five:

1) Having a cuddle (29 per cent)

2) Playing together (22 per cent)

3) Reading a story (15 per cent)

4) Bathtime (9 per cent)

5) Chatting to your baby (6 per cent)

Let me know what you think of the research and if you agree with it.

What do you find works best for you and your little one while bonding?

Love 
Mrs P & Little Miss P 

Disclosure: I received these product/products mentioned on my blog free of charge for the purpose of this review my opinions are my own and may differ from yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment