Monday 8 February 2016

Veg or not to Veg


This year we are looking into doing our own vegetable Garden and we have a little plot at the back of our garden. Last year we set it up for this year to do exactly that, but the truth be told I don't have a clue where to start and neither does the other half.

I think the first thing that we need to do is to read up on it and see what the easy thing to grow are. We have got a book that we bought to try and help us called Made at Home by Dick & James Strawbridge (Vegetables). It has a section on preparing to grow vegetables in it.

It has it down to the Tools and Equipment that we will need to help us do it, to what sort of soil we will need and pest control. We will 100% need that as we have lots of cats coming into our garden.

Having a look through the book it even has each section put into seasons like Spring, what the best to plant are and great Spring tasks. I have started to read the book as I write this and some of the tasks are like sterilize your pot and a great thing to plant in Spring are the likes of Peas and Purple sprouting Broccoli. The Purple Broccoli seems a bit weird but we will give it a go.

I will keep you up to date on our Green life and show you if we end up growing anything. We can't even keep flowers alive so this may not go to plan.

Wish us luck.

Love
Mrs P

Here is a little video of me having a bit of a sort out hope you enjoy 

3 comments:

  1. Aw! I'm sure your kid will love to help with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow good luck with this. I wish I could live a Green Life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure how well It will Go but I am going to give it a try

      Delete