Friday 12 August 2016

My New Baby


I thought this post could all be about my new baby, well my new sewing machine. It's a lovely strong pink from John Lewis. I have used it once since my birthday, but once Little Miss P goes back to school I will be using it a lot.

My aim is to be able to make a skirt with it by the end of the year, I am going to start small at first though and make a hair scrunchy. I have already made one in a royal blue material and have just bought some Tsum Tsum fabric to make another hair scrunchy for Little Miss P.

I haven't used a sewing machine since high school, but I was pretty happy about how quick I picked it up again. The only thing I struggled with was putting the bobbin in and it took me a few tries to get it right. But it looks like I am not the only one as a few reviews have said the same thing. But overall I love my little sewing machine so far. The next thing I really want to try and make is a little apron for Little Miss P. I have done one on a rough bit of fabric and it turned out OK for my first try, now I have to get some nice fabric to make one for when Little Miss P is cooking, then maybe one for me and Mr P as well, and work my way up from there.

Love
Mrs P

No comments:

Post a Comment